The website www.ScotGolfTravel.com is owned and operated by Scot Golf Travel Ltd. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online and at all times. This policy may change from time to time and you are advised to check it periodically.
- Information collected
- If you wish to enquire/book with Scot Golf Travel, we will request some personal details. These details may include your name, email & telephone number.
- We do not pass your details to others during the course of your enquiry or booking other than your name and only with your permission in the event of booking your tour itinerary.
- We will add you to our mailing list to stay in touch periodically. Our mailing list/social media provider is GDPR compliant. Please see point 8 below
- If we were ever to change the way we use your information we would always tell you in advance and allow you the option to be removed.
- We will never pass our list to any other for any purposes whatsoever, we provide a personal service and all our clients are considered to be personal to our company.
- Website hits & Analytics
- Every time someone visits our web site a log file may be generated. This contains information such as the user's IP (Internet Protocol) address, how long that user spent on the site and which parts of it they looked at. That information may be collected by our hosting provider or through Google analytics. Analytics may collect information to help diagnose problems on the website or for administration of the site or hosting, IP addresses and countries of origin are logged along with which pages or areas of the website have been visited, for how long and how the viewer arrived at the site.
- As a company we do not process that information in any further detail or form and we do not link IP addresses to anything of a personally identifiable nature. Our visitors remain anonymous.
- Cookies may be used in analytics
- As a company we do not control cookies and any settings are your personal responsibility.
- From time to time we may use third party advertising on the web for example Facebook or Google. Please visit their policy pages for their compliance guidelines.
- How we protect information
- We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only Directors and employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to that correspondence.
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information we may be compelled do so and will act according to the Letter of the Law.
- How you can help us protect your information
- Please keep in mind that our best efforts at maintaining the highest level of privacy can only go so far. IF you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments - for example on chat or message boards, or sometimes through your own email provider or host - that information may be accessible by others, who may extract it and use it. You may subsequently receive unsolicited messages or find yourself on mailing list. We assure you we will not have given your details to anyone to sell you products, goods or services other than the ones you have requested from our company by your initial enquiry.
- Also take the utmost care if using a shared computer, a public place, or if logging into an unknown network source. Always close your browser when you are finished and never leave it open in such situations. Any information sent to us in such cases may be open or compromised. Once a communication is received by us we make our best efforts to ensure its privacy, but we cannot be responsible for it before we receive it. You should be aware that you are using open networks or public sources at your own risk.
- Surveys, Competitions and Promotions
- We are not in the habit of running surveys or competitions. Should we ever do so at anytime in the future then we will make you fully aware of the conditions of participation, which would always be voluntary.
- Email Newsletters
- Due to the long term planning nature of our business in the golf world it is not uncommon for enquiries to be made years in advance of any actual planned trip. So staying in touch with you longer term can be relevant.
- Your details are normally added to our mailing list for newsletters. You will have had the opportunity to unsubscribe and that opportunity will remain open to you at anytime in the future. It is your choice, however if you unsubscribe you may miss a last minute booking opportunity.
- The information we use will be your name and email address ONLY. No other information is used for that purpose.
- Our newsletter will be for the purposes of updating you with information relevant to a requested tour, or any last minute options or website relaunches.
- We only send limited numbers of newsletters per year, normally less than 12 annually.
- We do not work jointly with other businesses for marketing or share newsletter data with any other businesses or organisations. Should you be approached by anyone suggesting or implying that they are working with us or on our behalf you should make direct contact with us immediately.
- Correction/Updating Personal Information
- If your personal information changes at anytime, and you advise us of that change, we will endeavour to correct, update or remove the personal data provided to us as speedily as possible.
- Payment or Members areas
- We do not take payments on our website or through the internet and have no future plans to do so.
- It is company policy that NO payment card information should be sent via emails and should only be exchanged in person or through direct conversation with our office. This is the recommended practice of the card and merchant providers please do not ignore it.
- Direct Bank Transfer is our preferred option and payment details for our services or tours are provided to you on your invoice.
Please observe that information on our website is protected under intellectual property rights and copyright laws.
Scot Golf Travel Ltd,
Castle Business Park,
Phone – 01786 433808 (UK)
Email - email@example.com